Re: recounts in FL

In a message dated 01/04/2002 9:55:37 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> No, they didn't. Not a single one. You must have missed the final outcome,
> which gave Gore between 15,000 and 45,000 votes over Bush in the state of
> Florida. It was widely reported. Deal with it.

Incorrect.  It was not widely reported- certainly not as widely reported as
the counts which said Bush was the true winner.  The criteria of the count
you have cited is vague and the entire "media consortium" idea is also vague.
 These estimates take tremendous liberties with terms such as "conspiracies
and voter error."  Don't mind if I fail to trust it.  I read the national
news every day and saw only one report that had Gore the winner.  It stated
several criteria used to count ballots- three of which had Bush the winner
and one which had Gore the winner.  I don't think any of these counts took
the media's reprehensible projection of FL for Gore before polls closed in
the Republican panhandle.  How many people turned their cars around or stayed
home the final hour of voting?  I haven't heard a measure of this from ANY
media source.

Kevin Mc