Re: pete's quote on GWBush

>Kevin...I agree, I usually just read the posts but I had to respond to
>this. I am sick of the Bush bashing. He is doing great with all thats going
>on and Pete better keep his mouth shut. I LOVE The Who but too much opinion
>is going to get him in trouble....Sandy

This comment was made over a year ago, immediately after the election, and
during a live show.  Taken out of context, there's nothing about it to
indicate tone.  Therefore, it can't be interpreted to be either positive or
negative, and can't be taken as any sort of Townshend political opinion.
It's Mark's politics you're responding to, not Pete's.

As I recall there was some basis for Pete to be irritated.  The Republicans
played WGFA at their nationally broadcast function (victory party?), altered
the song, and neither asked permission nor credited Pete.  I doubt if they
paid any royalties for the broadcast, either.  It might help if they coughed
up a little dough for the RIAA.

keets