Re: Pete's quote & The Who's new album

> Yes I agree Renewal Is a good thing.  You fellows would be well advised to
> practice what you preach.

Andrew:

Oh, I do...and one thing that desperately needs renewing is true DEMOCRACY
in this country...you know, when the guy who actually wins the majority of
votes in the majority of states gets to be President, instead of the tired
old sneaky underhanded backroom deal we saw during the last Presidential
election, so typical of a certain mindset (conservative) because "they know
what's best for us all." Despite their obvious inability to go beyond first
level thinking or understand consequences.
Of course, one could also make the case for classics. As with The Who's
music, none of which can be called "renewal." If it's great, it's great, and
just because something is newer that doesn't automatically make it good (two
words: Britney Spears). New and horrible is still horrible. I hope,
desperately, that The Who can make a new album that's a good and positive
thing, and I fear they may not be able to, but they should try and see. I
also have hope that they would SEE that if the new material isn't good,
they'd be mature enough to refuse to release it...you know, the kind of
thing "someone" (who wasn't close to mature) refused to do when he found out
he'd actually lost the election? And for me, that's the only way to judge
character...he showed his lack of character clearly enough.
Renewal in the proper direction is a good thing. Not twisting and preverting
something just because a few powerful and privileged people can impose their
will on the majority of the people. I'm pretty sure where Pete Townshend
would stand on that...aren't you? Well, after all, he says it best and it's
impossible to argue with his point:

"The new President of The United States is
    what I would call a cunt "
              Pete Townshend

               Cheers                 ML