Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #65

>However, what real incentive is there for TM to actively collude with
>brokers?  TM knows the best tickets will certainly sell.  What
>possible motivation would there be to sell them to brokers rather
>than the public?

The LA Times published an expose on Verizon Wireless at Irvine last tour.
Regardless of the motivation, it appears that TM/broker deal do happen.  The
article itself seems to have disappeared into the bowels of the archives,
but traces of it still remain.  Here's mention of it on an info page for the
amphitheater.  I guess if you want good tix to  Irvine, you'll have to call
Mike.

>The Hunt brothers got
>their asses shot off in the early '80s trying to do it with the
>silver market.  The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be an
>example is the DeBeers folks who bring you your diamonds.

They actually did manage it for a day or so, didn't they?  As I recall, the
volume of market transactions actually caused a little spike in the GNP.
Aren't they still in jail?

keets