Re: selling music

I wouldn't say it's WON by sales, but a musician has to do something unusual
in order to be noticed by the committee.  The easiest way to get noticed is
to have huge sales, especially when nobody expects it.  That likely makes a
very positive impression.  I mean, if you're successful without all that
corporate cash behind your promotion effort, then you must be the real
thing, right?

The Coen Brothers are crazy, eccentric geniuses.  The VH1 guy asked them how
the Grammy's were different from the Oscars and they said, "The music's
better."

;)
keets