No Subject

Plant Plans Summer Sojourn With The Who

Former Led Zeppelin lead singer Robert Plant will
perform as a special guest on at least a handful of
shows on the Who's upcoming U.S. tour. Plant is
confirmed to appear July 29 in Hershey, Pa., July
31-Aug. 1 in New York, Aug. 24 in Tinley Park, Ill.,
and Aug. 25 in Indianapolis. The New York stand at
Madison Square Garden is rumored to be expanding from
two shows (already on sale) to four.

As previously reported, the Who tour kicks off June 28
at the 1,400-capacity Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in
Las Vegas and will close Aug. 31 in Wantagh, N.Y. At
deadline, it was not known if Plant plans to be
present on all dates of the Who's trek.

Meanwhile, Plant has also been added to the July 20
lineup of the annual RockFest weekend. Slated for July
18-21 in Cadott, Wis., the event will also feature
Journey, Ted Nugent, George Thorogood & the
Destroyers, the Scorpions, Meat Loaf, Cinderella,
Poison, and Loverboy, among others. For more
information, visit the festival's official Web site.

The Who drafted Plant to perform last month during a
week of London benefit shows for the Teenage Cancer
Trust. Plant and his band Strange Sensations appeared
Feb. 9 at Royal Albert Hall on a bill with Paul
Weller, and his former Zeppelin and Page/Plant
bandmate Jimmy Page, who performed with Gary Moore.

Last summer, Plant toured the U.S. briefly with
Strange Sensations. At the time, he revealed to
Billboard.com that the band was planning to record a
new album for a 2002 release. "Obviously, these are
different days. This is not 'Physical Graffiti' that's
coming up," he said, referring to Zeppelin's 1975 Swan
Song/Atlantic masterpiece. "But that's OK. I
understand exactly where things are, and I don't have
any illusions or delusions. But what I want to do is
make this thing really strong, and in doing so, be
realistic about what we're doing here."

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta