A fresh tickemaster argument.

I was enjoying the recent conversations on ticketmaster untill it ended up
being more a discusion of Capitalism, server-side Economics, and how it's
all Bush's fault or something to that effect.

Anyways, what about the people on the other side of the ticket before it's
sold.

What say does the Who have in how much ticket prices will be? Or do they
have a say at all?  I don't recall off hand but wasn't this what Perl Jams
lawsuit with TM was all about? They wanted to sell tix at $20 a pop but TM
wouldn't let them?

I do see Ticketmaster as a monopoly, but more of a Microsoft monopoly. It's
not your only choice but it's more of a defacto standard in buying tickets
for events.

As for the brokers argument, can't it be compared somewhat to airline
tickets? If you buy them ahead of time before the rush you'll save, but if
you need to hop on a flight 5 minutes before it takes off you either catch
the next flight or spend 100's more on the same ticket.

Just a bunch of half-thoughts that have been on my mind. Feel free to
complete them.

Long Live Rock,
Brian Wright
http://www.wright-onthe-web.com

Burns: [chuckles] And to think, Smithers, you laughed when I bought
       TicketMaster. "Nobody's going to pay a 100% service charge."

Smithers: Well, it's a policy that ensures a healthy mix of the rich
          and the ignorant, sir.

  --  Homerpalooza, The Simpsons