$500 for an up front ticket misleading

In a message dated 02/24/2002 9:33:46 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Hmmm... The Who plays in the USA for an average of $500 for a good ticket
> up front... They play in the UK for $50...

STOP referring to the up front Who seats as being $500.  That is for the
Hollywood Bowl only.  Most of the others are in the $200 range.  Maybe it's
$500 once the brokers get a hold of them, so I have a solution.  DON"T PAY
THE BROKERS!  Fuck em.  Get decent seats through ticketmaster for 75-100
dollars and enjoy the show.  I got 21st row on Pete's side for the Gorge for
$100.  I think that's pretty decent.  Boycott the brokers or push for
ticketmaster to take steps to protect the fans.  How bout this?  A national
law outlawing scalping.  Illegal to sell tickets to events above face value.

kevin mc