Re: JEB

At 17:56 23-2-02 -0500, Andrew wrote:

>In a message dated 23/02/02 22:06:27 GMT Standardtime  John Kendall.writes:
>
><< I'll try to see 'em when they're here at the UK or in Europe.
>   >>

>I have emailed the JEB many times requesting details of when, why not and how
>come the UK are not included in any shows,  same answer always,  ie  no
>immediate plans,  will pass the question on  etc etc  Simple fact seems to be
>that John will not play the UK,   why exactly I dont know,  any takers on
>ideas?

Hmmm... The Who plays in the USA for an average of $500 for a good ticket
up front... They play in the UK for $50...

Hmmm... The JEB plays in the USA for an average of $20 for a ticket up
front, add another $10 if you want to meet and greet them and be at the
soundcheck... They would play in the UK for... Hmmm... Let's calculate
that; $2 a ticket?

Main reason why they don't tour Europe and the UK; no money there. And the
JEB is probably cutting even on their expenses already.

One possibility would be that the Abbey Road tour would come to Europe...

Bjorn