Bjorn - Bell Boy, Bell Boy

>From: Bjorn Ciggaar <ciggaar@warande.net>
>Subject: Re: Bjorn - Bell Boy, Bell Boy...
>
>And yeah, I portrayed The Who as Gods in what they do. Came to realization
>that they are not.

Well, depends on what you mean by "Gods".  If you really felt they were some
sort of deity all this time, then, um, wow....good to hear that you've
snapped out of it.  I personally never got that impression from you.  Always
thought you just knew what you liked, and The Who gave that to you.  You
liked the energy, you liked the message, you liked the family, etc..
If you mean "Gods" as in they are the best at what they do, then I am firmly
in that camp, and contest that they are not.  Individually the members of
The Who are the best at what they do.  I really don't think there is much
argument there regarding taste, etc.  These guys are the virtuosos at their
respective fields.  Together, well if your taste doesn't like them.....
anymore,......hmmm......I just find the about-face to be disturbing.  How
can you love them so much at one moment, and then not the next?
It bugs me for some reason.
Something I'm sure I'll get over though.

>And this tour I would just see the same old tricks
>they've been doing.

Yeah, sucks to see the greatest musicians playing.
I too was a *bit* bummed to see the set list be so much like last tours.
But, then again, they themselves say they are doing this to simply stay
warmed up so they don't have to (paraphrase) "scale Mt. Everest again to get
to where they were".  This tells me this is another step toward something
bigger.
I personally would like to be, and will be, involved in this next step if it
brings us to something more.  It's like being a fan of a sports team.  To
really get-off on the high of winning the Superbowl, you can't just be a
fair-weather fan.  You have to feel the pain of loss (not that this tour
will be painful), to appreciate the victories.
So, now, we go and enjoy this next mini stay-warm tour, get to see how Pete
and the boyz are, and then send them off with the support and energy to go
into the studio and talk to us.

>I would rather go and see the JEB and have *FUN* instead of stressing about
>ticket prices, brokers, traveling costs, etc..

See, now, if the $$ are what's keeping you from enjoying yourself, then
fine.  Take a break.  Get set up where ever that will be, and then next time
re-join the fun (assuming there is a next time) and the band.
BUT, you *KNOW* you would have lodging anywhere you went.  Plane fare, tix
cost, and food are what you're looking at.  Hell, I'm sure you'd get fed
where ever you went.  If they/you were in VT, I'd feed ya.

I'm struggling to understand.
What happened?
BTW, Tania is also floored by all of this

On an unrelated note:....Hey Magik!  I'd like to hear details on how you
managed to get yourself booted from that one show.
You must have been pissed!

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT