Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #57

At 14:03 22-2-02 -0500, ML wrote:
>.What's The Who level then??? Someplace no other band has ever gone before?>
>
>Affirmative, Mr. Spock. The Kinks have moments, as does XTC and...well, there
>are several who approach that level. But if The Beatles don't make it, you
>can't expect JEB to do so.

I think this level would vary for anyone...

>Young Man Blues isn't a Who song, it's a Mose Allison song.
>
>You must not have heard how he does it. Entwistle's version is the Who
>version, not the Allison version.

I think he does his own version though, but it sounds a lot like The Who's
version. And that is ALSO because the bass is *very* dominating in The Who...

>Well, it's fine to say you like JEB better...another to say they're better
>than The Who.

IMO, right now touringwise, they are (JUST MY TASTE!). I might go crazy and
totally love The Who when they tour the UK next year or so, but right now?
Naaaahhh...

Bjorn
---