Re: The single show theory revisited and yadda yadda yadda

At 10:51 22-2-02 -0500, ML wrote:

>In a message dated 2/22/02 9:23:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>whocasa@hotmail.com writes:
> >
> > am saying that the JEB live experience is different from the Who live
> > experience - very different.
>
>Jeff:
>
>I can't argue with that. I would argue, however, that it's not even close to
>being on the same level. Bjorn mentioned Love Is A Heart Attack, which is a
>great song, but I'd cringe if they played Dancing Master or anything from
>that album The Rock, which IMHO is a prime example of really horrible 70's
>corporate Rock. Mother's Finest lite. Yech!

Dancing Master and Love Is A Heart Attack is from Too Late The Hero, which
was a great album. Dancing Master is also a song with some AWESOME bass
lines! This album is more an Arena Rock album.
I could only dream of the JEB doing Dancing Master!

The Rock CD is certainly not JAE's finest, it's more 80's hard-rock. But I
must say, the live version of "The Last Song" is really great!

But surely, you're not gonna bring JAE down for doing The Rock? That's
kinda like bringing The Who down for doing "It's Hard".

>Sure. But see (as our private discussion has gone) this is yet another of my
>2002 reasons why I favor a single show over following the band. I'll get one
>incredible performance, to be remembered for the rest of my life and unmarred
>in my memory by other shows. As opposed to "Yeah, Tuesday night they played a
>killer version of Young Man Blues and John grinned at Zak, and then Friday
>they added an extra solo and Pete did a windmill." Yadda yadda yadda.

Is the more really the better? That's *also* why I'm skipping the USA shows...

Bjorn
---