Re: Why wasn't I at any of the UK shows & a hunch I have

At 09:41 22-2-02 -0500, George wrote:

> >George,
> >Please allow me to turn this around for a moment.
> >Why weren't *you* at any of the recent UK shows?
>
> >I hope we all realize we are starting to sound like a bunch of dope fiends
> >in here.  Really.
>
> >Jeff
>

>Don't get me wrong the who have a huge place in my heart, I love em', but
>they aren't my family. The reason I didn't to the UK to see them is because
>I can wait to see the who 1 or 2 hours away from my home like I'll be doing
>this summer. I'm not selfish enough to leave my wife and 7 month daughter
>home for a week just so I can go see the who in the UK. Even if my wife
>forced me to go I wouldn't. I don't think Id last more than a day not being
>able to see my daughter. You get the idea...right?

Ouch, Jeff... :-)

George, aslike you, I have priorities too... And that is *also* why I am
not going to see The Who in the USA.

>Onto another subject....
>
>I have this hunch that the who may surprise all of us with a new album right
>before the summer tour. Lets say in mid to late May.

I had a hunch like that in 2000 too... We just heard Pete isn't feeling
like doing it. And I think he won't.

>They'll through some of
>these new songs into the set list and make it interesting.

Like "Crossroads Now" and the revisited "My Generation"? Done that...

>Remember this is all
>just speculation. I like to dream, and it aint such a bad dream either.

That's true, so do I. But I won't get fooled again. :-)

>PS...Bjorn, if Pete was yelling ba-da-bjorn to you between songs you'd be at
>every show on all 3 legs this summer. :-) Who are you kidding here? Just get
>over your arse over here this summer and stop making excuses!

Then you stop making excuses about not going to the UK shows! I have my
priorities too! :-)

Bjorn
---