Re: The single show theory revisited and yadda yadda yadda

In a message dated 2/22/02 9:23:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
whocasa@hotmail.com writes:

> am saying that the JEB live experience is different from the Who live
> experience - very different.

Jeff:

I can't argue with that. I would argue, however, that it's not even close to
being on the same level. Bjorn mentioned Love Is A Heart Attack, which is a
great song, but I'd cringe if they played Dancing Master or anything from
that album The Rock, which IMHO is a prime example of really horrible 70's
corporate Rock. Mother's Finest lite. Yech!

> ML also said "...a Who show is like having sex with 5 beautiful and eager
> supermodels who you really love, and you're doing the best acid you've ever
>
> done plus it's Christmas morning and Ed McMann just left your house after
> leaving you a multimillion dollar check, non taxable."
>
> Damn, Mark!
> Are you going to be able to make it to July?

Sure. But see (as our private discussion has gone) this is yet another of my
2002 reasons why I favor a single show over following the band. I'll get one
incredible performance, to be remembered for the rest of my life and unmarred
in my memory by other shows. As opposed to "Yeah, Tuesday night they played a
killer version of Young Man Blues and John grinned at Zak, and then Friday
they added an extra solo and Pete did a windmill." Yadda yadda yadda.

> If you think the sex is going to be that good, you've got to be careful not
> to...uh...uh...have all your Whogasms in the parking lot :-)

I'll make sure I wear a Who condom. And yes, judging by the 2000 Atlanta
performance and the Albert Hall DVD, I expect it to be that good. But it's
only "sex" in the intellectual sense. Besides, Van Morrison is more conducive
to romance than Who music. Wine and candle / firelight don't really work when
you've got Rog is screaming "MEET THE NEW BOSS!"

Why do I KNOW you're going to make a joke using that last sentence?

      ''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe
            and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."
                          George "I know what I mean" Bush

                      Cheers                        ML