Ticket Stress and Garden Gigs

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 "Ligouri, George P." <GLigouri@oxhp.com>
Wrote:
Boston Tix - Phew~

>Yeah baby!
Got a nice pair for Boston Tweeter Center!

Sec 2 Row G<

--Hey George!  Did you get these from a broker or from TM.com?  I have been
wrestling with the 2 Garden and the Tweeter purchase pages for days and
haven't been offered anything close to that?   :O(

>Did I ever mention the worst part of a who concert is getting the F&%king
tickets?<

It *IS* way too stressful... I know I am too old for it...

Either way, George, enjoy!!!

and then Slipkid299@aol.com
Wrote  Re: Whiners and Diners

>  I will walk over red-hot coals to see this band I love<

Wimp!!!  I prefer crawling on broken glass and *then* swimming across the
Atlantic Ocean....  THAT is the way to get to a WHO show!

> now I think The Who are worth whatever I pay<

You do have a good point:  The WHO on a bad night STILL blow any other band
off the stage....

>  I fuckin' love this band and want to see them irrespective of set list,
venue,  merchandise
whatever! <

I had this cleared up for myself when I went to the HOB shows, knowing they
were going to open with Can't Explain and Substitute and would play (as they
had every other time without exception) WGFA, BO'R and BBE.  I wasn't really
sure I would be able to appreicate the same set list.  And then as I stood
in that crowd that first night after working my ass off for months and
months and saving every penny I could get my hands on and listening to them
every day while I was working and the guitar sang those first sweet notes I
realized they could play whatever the fuck they wanted wherever the fuck
they wanted however the fuck they wanted and I will love and treasure every
second no matter what.  So, amen brother.

 >Believe me you will be full of regret if you miss what will be great
shows,  and who knows maybe the last ;-),   get on the bus,  and take in the
banquet that is the Whooooooooooo!!<

Ahhhhhhh!  Life is sweet.  :O)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 "David Fiderer" <dfid44@hotmail.com>
Wrote:  The Who to Add 3rd & 4th MSG Shows

>The Who are going to add 2 more nights at MSG, according to 2 NYC ticket
brokers I know and trust. They claim it's definite. The shows will take
place on August 3rd and 4th. No word on when the tickets will go on sale.
Just a few upper level tickets remain for the first two shows.<

Can they do 4 consecutive nights at MSG?  I mean, I know they can do it, but
that is a lot of gigs in a row without a day off...I would think they would
split it somehow and have it be the 4th and 5th, maybe...  Is there
something booked for the 30th?  I do not have the schedule in front of
me....IF there is a gig the 30th that would make 5 nights in a row.  Poor
Roger.

And then  Bjorn Ciggaar <ciggaar@warande.net>
Wrote: Re: The Who to Add 3rd & 4th MSG Shows

>BTW; I'm not going to follow the guys this tour... $550 for a decent
ticket? I can follow an entire JEB tour *INCLUDING* hotel prices for that
kinda money. And besides, no hassle in getting up front, he's playing small
places... And to be really honest (IMO); the music is better...<

Hmm, do I smell sour grapes?  Come on Bjorn!!!  JEB is great but better than
the WHO?  I don't see it.  Give us some more insight, please!  I enjoy
John's band, without a doubt.  But.....BETTER?  Yikes.  I think you need to
just get a job and make the money and do the tour.  It's painless, really...

jacqueline
who is fondling her Portrait Of Keith Moon book which arrived today.
Definately worth the $$$.