Re: Who's in Chicago

> Roger Daltrey told Reuters that Pete Townshend
> was working on new songs

Wonder what Pete has to say about that!

> that could potentially become a new Who album that
> would be released next May.

Uh oh.  There's a time-table being set up now.  In the studio
in October 2002; album release in May 2003.  Wonder where
the May "release" date came from.

> ''We can't say we're definitely going to make a new
> album, because if it turns out to be rubbish  we won't re-
> lease it,'' said the singer cautiously.

Are journalists just recycling this old quote - or is Daltrey?

> If the new CD does make it, the band would embark on a
> summer tour,

Summer 2003?  My credit card just fainted.

> and  probably amend their famous lyric to ''Hope I die be-
> fore I get really REALLY old.''

That's *almost* funny.

- SCHRADE in Akron