Re: Pete's Pissy Mood

> I think it's a good idea to spread the blame around.  One thing TED
> definitely need is to avoid the situation from about 1982 where the band was
> sitting around waiting for Pete to do all the work.  Not only is this
> artistically difficult, but it means Pete takes all the criticism as well.

Well, there does seem to be some attempt to avoid that this time around.  But
we all know, at the end of the day, it comes down to Pete.

> There was plenty of potential material from the last tour.

"Plenty?"  Those little kernals of new ideas in TKAA & MG?  Keets.....

>  I'm thinking it may be cold now, though.

Cold & stale.  Thrown out with last week's garbage.

> There's reason to be scared of it.  What they've got in the record bins
> likely sells at a steady rate because they've got a good reputation as a
> band.  Anything they do now reflects on that reputation.

Exactly.  The Who are held to a higher standard than most (all?) rock groups.
And with the 20 year gap of no studio albums, the challenge is magnified.

> But they're good, you know?

They *do* seem to be on a bit of a roll.

> I think the problem is thinking in terms of "one more last album."

Right again.  But with that 20 year gap of no studio albums, it's difficult not
to think that way.

> What are the odds of anything being perfect?

Quantum physics forbids it.

> Pete wants the whole thing.  He doesn't like to share.

I'd bet he'd be willing to share some blame for a mediocre new studio album.  :-)

SCHRADE in Akron
(fighting a nasty February cold)  :-(
(sniff)