Re: Old Daltrey story

This sounds like a story that's up on a website somewhere, and I
thought I had posted the link here at one time or the other.  They have
photos of Roger that look to be from about 1994.

If I run across it again, I'll post the link.

LB

> Near the end someone asked about this story:
>
> "Anyway, speaking of Daltrey, do you or anybody
> remember about ten years ago that story about the
> group Daltrey was managing? On the off chance you
> don't remember: Daltrey was riding around New York in
> his limo when suddenly, his driver accidentally hits a
> guy crossing the street. The guy turns out not to have
> been hurt, luckily, but Daltrey felt bad anyway. They
> get to talking. Turns out the kid is a major Who fan
> and has a band. For some reason which probably had
> something to do with losing the reins of The Who in
> 1965/6 and the ensuing tensions with Townshend,
> Daltrey decides to take these kids under his wing. Of
> course, the kid was on cloud nine, and as I recall,
> the clips of him talking were pretty gushy. I think he
> actually said he was crossing the street, dreaming
> about being in or meeting The Who when the accident
> happened. Also, we saw clips of the band recording (at
> the Record Plant or some other expensive studio, all
> on Daltrey's dime) their songs, which I don't think
> were very Who-like. I think Dave Matthews might be
> closer.
> "Does anybody remember this? What ever happened to the
> group? Did the album ever get finished/released? I was
> alternately laughing at the stupidity of it all and
> wishing Daltrey or someone would hit me."
>
> Anybody heard this story before?

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://sports.yahoo.com