Re: Pete's Pissy Mood

From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
"For anybody who heard the recent versions of TKAA, did it have the same
life it had last tour?"

*IMHO*!!!!!! it did on the 1st RAH night.  Pete did a nice talky version
with more improvised rap through it.

"Pete's "rock" compositions are full of depth and complexity--that's why The
Who has such a broad fan base."

You're right on the former, wrong on the latter.  The Who's fan base is
pretty damned small.  I'm echoing Magik a here when I say it is shocking (to
this Yank fan) how unknown they are in their home city.

Quick story:  I was passing through Immigration at Heathrow.  A 30-something
Officer asked the reason for my visit.  "Seeing The Who", I replied.  With
eyebrows raised he said "Are they still together?  It must be a revival,
right?"

I don't think The Who have a broad fan base and if they did, complex music
would not be the reason for it.  That just does not sell to the unwashed
masses.

"The Manchester "Crossroads Now" was basically an orchestral piece.  Who
cares?"

BTW, they threw a fun little extra jam at the end of WGFA on RAH1 that was
very reminiscent of the thrash/metal chord progressions that Pete tossed out
at the end of MG in 2000 (ala Manchester).

I'll have to wait to hear the boots of RAH2 to judge the details.  I didn't
have my sober, analytical mind with me that night :0)

Jeff

PS.  Political soapbox for any Brits on this list:  You should be ashamed of
the lack of security at Heathrow.  Write your MP.  Raise holy hell.  Airport
security is nearly nonexistent at that airport :-(