Re: Pete's marble in the throat comment

Kevin, re

> >>  Of course I do.
> >
> >   I think you're being naive.
>
>     Perhaps (trying not to take that as an insult), but most men of
>     religion do try to lead by example.

Firstly, each of us has our own opinion and I respect yours; I  wasn't
being insulting, just - IMO - realistic.

I take it you are talking about Pete as a religious man, relating to his
following of the precepts of Meher Baba?

Unfortunately, over the years with his drug and alcohol abuse, sexual
shenanigans Pete has demonstrated a great deal of temporal vices and not
a little looseness in his spiritual side. I don't judge him - I could
only do it if I were a saint and I'm not that;-)

> > I just don't think Pete is the non-caring, fuck everything and
> > everyone man that you're making him sound like.

No, I think you're both on the wrong track and wrong. I didn't
specifically say he was non caring, fuck everything and everyone, just
that he doesn't give a toss what people think of him. He is without
doubt a caring man, his charity work alone confirms that.

Pete - like every "artiste" and "big star" I've had the pleasure of
meeting in my life - is so insulated from ordinary people like you and I
that he has little or no idea of how we think or believe.

> > I think he's human and cares plenty about how he's perceived.

Yes, he is human, and yes, I would agree with you to the extent that he
cares plenty about those in his circle and how artistic/rock/literary
circles perceive him. As for the fans, in my opinion he cares as little
for us as he needs to, but he doesn't give a toss what we think of him,
or, IMO, what most others think of him.

Cheers,

John