Tour story from Billboard

On line at:
http://www.billboard.com/billboard/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1321395

The Who's Summer U.S. Tour Bows In June

As tipped here last month, the Who will kick off a
summer U.S. tour June 28 at the 1,400-capacity Joint
at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. The trek spans 16
other arena and amphitheater dates and will close Aug.
31 in Wantagh, N.Y. The group plays the second of two
shows for the Teenage Cancer Trust charity tonight
(Feb. 8) at London's Royal Albert Hall.

"Basically what we're trying to do this year is to
stay in shape," lead vocalist Roger Daltrey recently
told Billboard.com, "because every time we have 18
months off and then have to come back and do gigs,
it's like climbing Mount Everest. So the idea is just
to try and do enough shows so that we maintain a peak
so that if ever anybody asks us to do a benefit we
feel we want to do, we haven't got this great big
ladder to climb.

The Who is also planning to hit the studio for the
first time since 1982. "We're gonna try. We are
trying," Daltrey said. "We haven't given up. But who
knows? We'll be the judge of whether it's good enough.
We're going to go in the studio and we will do
something. It's whether we enjoy ourselves and we feel
that what we've actually recorded is worth releasing.
I think we'll have to have an adjudicator on that! We
will know in our bones whether it's any good or not."

Here are the Who's tour dates:

June 28: Las Vegas (the Joint)
June 29: Irvine, Calif. (Verizon Amphitheatre)
July 1: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)
July 3: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheatre)
July 4: Sacramento, Calif. (Valley Amphitheatre)
July 6: George, Wash. (the Gorge)
July 26: Boston (Tweeter Amphitheatre)
July 27: Camden, N.J. (Tweeter Amphitheatre)
July 31, Aug. 1: New York (Madison Square Garden)
Aug. 23: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)
Aug. 24: Tinley Park, Ill. (Tweeter Amphitheatre)
Aug. 25: Noblesville, Ind. (Deer Creek)
Aug. 27: Grand Rapids, Mich. (Van Andel Arena)
Aug. 28: Columbus, Ohio (Polaris Amphitheatre)
Aug. 30: Holmdel, N.J. (PNC Bank Arts Center)
Aug. 31: Wantagh, N.Y. (Jones Beach)

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta