Re: RAH first night controversy

Kevin,

Just got in from London and I'd put it this way: Any WHO show is great. On
Thursday night, it was the first show for many of those who posted "great"
comments. And it was a good show, but out of the 5 shows, I would rank it 5th. As
far as John's voice, I thought he sounded fine, as fine as he's capable at this
point, but still better than in the recent past.

The order of greatness of the shows, IMHO:

1st- Portsmouth 1st show, the night Pete smashed his guitar!!!
2nd- 2nd RAH show, when Pete fell into the audience, and very likely injured
himself and one audience
member. Outside of the early days when they broke all their instruments, with
Keith contributing on the drum kit, it was the most unusual thing I've ever seen
at a Who show!
3rd- Watford, which had one of the greatest finishes of a Who show I've ever
seen!!! Especially the encore when after MG's extended jam, Pete broke into SB
and surprised us again when he broke into YMB!!!
4th- 2nd Portsmouth show, as the audience was not quite as into it as the first
night
5th- 1st RAH show, as Pete did appear bored. He hardly spoke at all, being the
1st show after putting his foot in his mouth with the marbles comment at Watford.
The most uninspiring version of Summertime Blues I've ever heard, and it's my
favorite Who song.

In general, 2 spectacular weeks overall and 5 times of hearing SB!!! Again, they
play too much of the greatest hits and do not include enough of the unplayed
stuff. But all in all: FANTASTIC!!!

Met with many listers and will soon be posting some of the better pix from the
4,000 I was able to take, almost all from the front row. Talk to you soon,

magik