Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #43

I believe that about putting together ideas just after waking up--it's a
moment when you can still access the subconscious.  Also, if you start a
thought just before going to sleep, the same thing works, or maybe continues
all night so it clicks the next day.  Whatever, you have to have some
leisure time for your brain to work on it.  Going to work and running
errands and working on the car aren't conducive.  ;)

I dunno about working while messed up, though.  Seems like you'd get a so-so
product.  Maybe it has to do with tolerence.

I agree that lots of Pete's solo work would have been great Who songs.  Some
of it is too personal, but Pete could have sung those himself.

keets