RAH thoughts

Im not one for making posts to review shows, as others on the list seem to be much better at it than I, but here goes a snippet anyway !.

There seemed to be a different type of crowd each night at the RAH. We were sat in the same spot as the 2000 show, to Johns right a few rows up. On the Thursday the fans decided this area was for sitting down and only stood up when going out to the bog. On Friday I couldnt hack another night of sitting down so stood up the whole show ignoring the abuse from behind. I finally won as the feeling of if you cant beat em, join em took over and eventually most people were on their feet.

There were exceptions where Im convinced that the dozen or so middle-aged guys wearing laminates in front of us were taking part in some bizarre experiment by Trinifold where they were forced at gunpoint to come to the show as none of them seemed to be enjoying any of it.

Fridays show seemed to have more energy musically than Thursday night. Pete was openly bored by the whole event on Thursday and marginally more enthusiastic on Friday. Roger as ever was Mr. Professional and John, well, was John !.

It really does make me wonder why Pete puts himself through it. Im not particularly keen on my job but it pays the bills and I put a brave face on and get the fuck on with it!. I smile, make encouraging and positive noises at meetings and generally ensure that we all meet our service levels. Probably the thought of signing up for another batch of shows put a dampener on Petes mood !, who knows ?. Perhaps he needs to look at the bottom line every now and then and count the zeros, its a trick I use but unfortunately in my case there arent many zeros to count !.