Re: Floor seats at through the roof prices.

> > I don't know about that Bird-at the Quad shows at MSG in '96 good floor
>seats were available every night for less than face value.

But Jimmy and the Crowes had cancelled and the Zep fans turned in their tix.
  I scored a fairly decent seat as a result.

> > And in 2000,
> > $250 seats were available at the box office right up to show time.
>
>I think that depends on which specific concert you're talking about.
>For the concerts I attended, everyone I talked to around my section
>had gotten their tickets through brokers and noone had gotten them at
>the door or through the box office.  There were -no- empty seats at
>any of the shows I attended (Denver, Gorge, Shoreline).

I didn't see that many empty seats, either, even in Tampa, which many folks
said sold the worst.  There was something that went on about the front seats
in 2000--maybe to keep them away from brokers.  They held them for the VIP
tickets, and the unused ones then became available the last week.

keets