Re: Mike Myers: NO Keith Moon audition

I gather the difference is between an audition and being offered the
part?  Myers is too big a star to audition.

Whatever, the announcement has started a nice buzz.  I heard it on the
radio yesterday.

LB

> >From Reuters at:
> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/020208/80/cryo6.html
>
> Publicist denies Myers screened for Moon role
>
> LONDON (Reuters) - A spokeswoman for comedian Mike
> Myers has denied a British newspaper report that he
> had auditioned for the part of Keith Moon in a film
> about The Who's drummer.
>
> The Sun tabloid said earlier that The Who's singer,
> Roger Daltrey, had auditioned Myers to play Moon in a
> movie tribute to the late rock musician.
>
> Myers's publicist, Ina Treciokas, speaking from New
> York on Friday, said: "Mike did not audition for the
> movie."
>
> She said Daltrey had visited Myers on the set of his
> latest Austin Powers movie, but he had come only as a
> guest.
>
> Moon, the original wild man of rock, died in 1978
> after a drug overdose.
>
> Myers plays a spoof James Bond-style spy in the Austin
> Powers series of films.

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://greetings.yahoo.com