Re: U2 bashing

In a message dated 02/06/2002 9:10:32 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Isn't it pretty goddamned pretentious to thrash U2 for their
> appearance and yet laud The Who for using their CFNY appearance to further
> their fame?

I didn't bash them for appearing.  I just don't think their performance was
very moving or inspired.  The only one who moves around is Bono.  Edge is too
good to put on a show?  He just stands there.  I know it was a tough thing
with an artificial crowd and only 2 songs, but there is no comparison between
the who at CFNY and U2 at superbowl.  The Who will be far more remembered for
CFNY than U2 for superbowl