Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #36

I dunno.  It's hard for me to see The Who doing it because it's so
commercial a show--like doing the MTV Awards or something.  Plus, there are
likely to be really strange vibes off the crowd that would make it weird for
a band like The Who.  They don't do shows to entertain--they ride on the
crowd's energy.

Aerosmith pissed off some of their fans last year.  There were comments that
they had sold out by performing at the Superbowl with Nsync.  Of course,
other fans may have noticed Aerosmith for the first time.  Seems like U2 has
done well, as I've not heard any fall out.  Same for McCartney.  It still
seems a very commercial gig, though.

LB