Re: What would The Who sound now? + Kid stuff

ciggaar@warande.net writes:

> If The Who comes back I hope it will be something hard, provoking,
> aggressive. Thing is, can they become more provocative, hard and aggressive
>
> then bands nowadays? In lyrics I think they sure can. (I hope) :-)
>
> Rock on,

Yes! This is exactly what I want to hear from them. I would like to hear them
take the sound that they invented to another level and level the youngsters.
If Roger's voice is as good as I hear, then watch out.             + Lots of
Powerchords!!!

I got more chills when I read the reason for Pete shutting down his site. He
seems to have Re-joined The Who. I believe that the reason for the lackluster
results of the last 2 albums were due to the fact that he wasn't really in
the band at all.  His heart just wasn't there. Now that it seems to be, Who
knows what'll come of it? I kind of like the fact that we don't know what is
really going on.

 I asked my 13 year old what cd he would buy if I gave him the money. (He's a
sharp kid that plays guitar already)  I said, Son, it doesn't matter what
kind of music wether it be old or new, what is it that YOU would want? He
said that he would go and buy the new DLAL. I asked why he didn't want to buy
comething current like creed or something,and he said that is just the fad
now. He hears it all the time on the radio, so why buy it? Chicks dig them
and they buy it, so it is #1. He then told me that he would rather not buy a
copy, when he could get the origional heavyweights (I am paraphrasing). I did
not ever tell him this. He can sense the quality in the music. He then went
on to say that most kids just like what is coming out on the radio and don't
really know that there is better stuff  and don't even care. Wow.

My 14 year old daughter  said that she would want to hear The Who play "Under
a raging Moon" so that Zak can give a full blown tribute to The Man. She is
into all the Blink 182 peppy cute rock and all of that, but she isalso a
serious fan of The Who. My brother was shocked at how all of my kids call the
members by their first names.

Jon in Mi.