Another view of Watford......

just wanted to share my own thoughts about watford...

first off  - have to agree with previous comments - this really was the best
Who show I think I've seen....
it was about my 10th and I was almost in tears and shock and a million other
emotions.
the first thing that struck me was Roger's voice - not sure WHY it was so
much better - maybe because there not "on tour" and he's rested,but he
seemed to be hitting all the notes without missing any of the powerful ones.
then Pete was just astounding...you knew from the solo in Can't Explain that
things were gonna be good -but he just played like a man possessed..
i thought i was witnessing the Live At Leeds show ,only better!
mr starkey was the best I've seen him too - his drumming on amazing
journey/sparks was superb...
and john's solo on 5:15 sounded much better than the last tour..this may be
due to amps etc rather than his playing - dunno - but it was excellent.
then the setlist !
while expecting the same as  portsmouth they came out with don't know
myself,real me,and most surprising of all - young man blues...
all totally blistering.
high point for me was Amazing journey/sparks and  young man blues...
baby dont you do it was great too- and the extension of WGFA showed an angry
pete letting go..awesome
i was front row of the balcony and there were a lot of die-hard fans there
with partners who hardly knew the band...almost a waste of a ticket,but
there you go...
i took about 150 photos - hopefully some will come out and i'll post

while speaking to some people outside they only got their tickets last week
- apparently some people had returned/cancelled tickets a couple of weeks
back and they were available since then!!

re:"get on with it" - it did get a little annoying whencertain people kept
yelling it...and may be the reason pete didnt talk as much to the crowd.
but thinking back to the last tour it may be self-inflicted.
i remember at london arena pete announcing and applauding the "first get on
with it of the night- congratulations"...
wembley  & RAH made similar references so now it seems everyone wants to be
the one pete singles out....

the one thought running thru my mind during this show was how amazing it is
that these guys are genuinely getting BETTER.....
not harking back to the ol' days..
hopefully his writing will be as strong too.

anyone any ideas whats happening for RAH next week??
looks like one night will be Tommy anyway - since theyve been practising the
tracks a lot,and also a review with Roger about 4mnths back said he was
hoping to  do TOmmy one of the nights.
the tickets say "plus guests" - is this merely support band or guests like
the last RAH show?