No Subject

'I will put a marble down your throat'

Rock star Pete Townshend shocked fans at a Who concert
with a sickening reference to Damilola Taylor's death.

Furious at being heckled, the veteran guitarist yelled
'Shut up or I'll put a marble down your throat'.

The insensitive taunt came just a day after Damilola's
murder trial was told taht his alleged killers used a
marble to stifle his screams.

Who fan Ian Derry said he left the concert in Watford
in disgust. 'When he said that I was almost sick. I
couldn't believe anyone could be so callous.

'I have two young kids who have friends just like
Dami. I couldn't stay for a moment longer. When he
made the comment there was just stunned silnece and
utter disbelief.'

Townshend, 56, who is renowned for winding up
audiences, was keeping a low profile last night.

A friend said: 'Pete is mortified. He didn't mean to
offend people. He was trying to make a comment on our
violent society - but he completely accepts it came
out all wrong. He is very, very sorry.'

[complete with picture of Pete looked pissy, tho' not
at Watford]

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!