teens and the Who

Alright I have to come out of lurk mode for this one:

"Of course, there are expections to the rule, as in any such
generalization,
but for the most part - in mine and others I've discussed it with's
opinions, these kids are in a class by themselves.  Every generation of
teenagers were bastards and they always will be.  I was, you were; we all
were.  Today's teenagers have perfected the art of apathy,
irresponsibility,
hedonism, and ignorance like no other generation before and raised the
bar.
And really, I never heard of teenagers shooting up a high school until
this
generation came along.  Thanks Marilyn Manson, useless parents, and
crazed
liberalism that fights to keep kids from facing consequences of their
actions."

Now hold on there. The kids responsible for shooting up high schools are
obviously mentally ill and shouldn't be grouped with teenagers as a
whole. A few bad apples does not make the entire bunch bad. Should I
write all adults off because a few of them decided to crash a plane into
the WTC? I never heard of THAT happening until recently.

"And I have more respect for Charlie than most teenagers I meet."

Wow. Those are some strong words there pal. Charles Manson is completely
fucking insane

"Jon, have you ever heard of Eddie Haskell?  Sure Mr. Cleaver I
looooooove
The Who.  All of my friends love The Who.  Everyone loves The Who.  Nice
see you again Mr. Cleaver...  Okay Wally, shut this old fart bullshit 60s
music off and crank Third Eye Blind!  Get real dude."

I think its you that needs to get real on this one. Third Eye Blind is
shit, pure shit. Anyone with any taste in music, young or old, can see
that. And around here they are played on the Adult Contemporary station,
not the stations most teens listen to. And futhermore, I am eighteen
years old and have been listening to classic rock for most of my life. I
love the Who, have seen the Who live, went with a friend who is also 18
to see them, and saw MANY kids our age there, even some we knew. So why
is it so hard to believe that if a teen claims to love the Who, they
might actually be telling the truth? What, we're not allowed to like good
music? Please man, give us some credit. We don't all have bad taste.

"I went back to college at an older age and partied quite a bit with
younger
kids.  I was a radio DJ in Chicago for two years.  I've worked in places
with college/high school aged interns.  In each circumstance, I've tried
convert the non-believers and - NOT force feed, but encourage some
musical
open mindedness among them.  I've YET to make a Who-convert under the age
of
25.  Just hasn't happened."

I started listening to the Who when I was about 15 or 16. It CAN be done.
Oh yee of little faith...

  "And I had a forum to do it on my radio show.  I
had total carte blanche on that show and I would play at least ONE Who
song
per show.  Everything else was contemporary.  My listeners were in the
teen/20s age group and I'll give you one guess which artist the callers
used
to rag on the most...  "No more of that oldies shit..." was the most
requested song on our phone lines.  And I tried to bowl the listeners
over
with more powerful and obscure Who stuff; "Naked Eye" from IOW, "Young
Man
Blues" from LAL, "Dreaming from the Waist" from 30yrs Max R&B, etc...  My
show was the number one on the station, and I could get those little
fuckers
out in the street to do my bidding whenever I called for it.  But no
matter
what, they just didn't get The Who - and they didn't want to.  Maybe I'm
biased, but I still hate those fuckers...  As I've said before, they're
doomed."

Well those "fuckers" do not represent all of us. I think your a bit out
of line here. Before you make generalizations like that you should
remember that there are teen Who fans on this very list, and we don't
take kindly to being written off as arrogant "fuckers" who jam out to
Britney Spears and insult any music we don't like. I thought this was
supposed to be one big happy Who family. I guess you only are an
acceptable Who fan if your over the age of 30 though, right? Geez.

Nicole

Read my journal: http://nikki983.diary-x.com

 IM me:
IluvBtles
"Don't compromise yourself, you are all you got."- Janis Joplin
"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans."- John
Lennon