A Swine is a Swine and Not Even The Who Can Save Them

First off, I'm not sure how my observation of today's youth and Who record
sales evolved into this, but hey, there's been worse on this list, right?
Thanks to those who have not been offended by my rants.  I like to think of
it as straight talk, so I don't worry about political correctness.  It is
not my intention to insult anyone.  Even the knuckleheads.  We're all
adults, right...?  Right...?

Jeff:

>Jim,

>Wow. This is an outrageous statement. Talk about *gross* generalizations.

>So I guess liberalism, poor parenting and offensive music is responsible

>for the fact that kids don't like The Who.

No Jeff, it means that liberalism, poor parenting and offensive music is
responsible for the fact that teenagers today are "gross" monsters.  The
fact that they don't like The Who just makes them even more reprehensible.

>Damn, I better check myself. I'm bringing western civilization to a

>grinding halt with my leftie politcal and social views, protecting my child

>from harm, and listening to music written and recorded in the last 20
years.

>I am ashamed of myself.

>Not.

>Jeff

I would love to play poker with you because you apparently like tipping your
hand.  I might be able to afford that DVD player if you came over to play.
Your statement just shows how narrow minded you as a "lefty" are.  Just like
the "righties" are.  Like every left/right extremist, you point out that
your political views are not to blame, just like the stinkin' conservatives
do.  Nothing EVER gets accomplished.  Fact is, it has been a combination of
elements that created this mess, but the three I mentioned are the most
notable and measurable.

Answer this Tree Hugger, do you believe that USA, UK and other "free"
societies are diverse and that diversity should be encouraged?  If you do,
then isn't it counter-productive to have such narrow political views?  Don't
you think that society would benefit more from a more MIDDLE-MINDED
political view?  Isn't it hypocritical to condemn hard lined right wingers
while being a hard lined left winger?  Personally, I find myself a
Liberal-Conservative.  Neither Rebublican or Democrat.  I find that I can be
more open minded to other views if I don't get like you do - IT'S NOT OUR
FAULT, BLAME THE CONSERVATIVES.  The truth is, this country is in disarray
because too many people are like you - only one view and that's all they'll
listen to, while we being a nation that is so incredibly diverse,
differences in opinions and politics abound.  It just doesn't work your way.
You can't have it only one way; we'll get nowhere but downward like we are.
Ted Bundy isn't to blame, it was the porn!!!!  Jenna Jameson makes me
kill!!!! It's not my FAAAAUUUUULLLLTTTTT!!!!

Answer this Mr. Conservative, don't you think that your restrictions hold my
individuality and personal liberties down?  Is it okay to cut down another
rain forest for profit?  (Goddamn tree huggers get in the way of progress.)
Again, US vs. THEM.  Stalemate.  No progress, the problem grows...  Just as
insane as the lefties.

My statement about "crazed liberalism" has nothing to do with left or right
politics and it has everything to do with it being a major contributing
factor to why teenagers are so foul today.  "Crazed" meaning "extreme".  Try
to be a little more open minded and not so defensive of the word
"liberalism".  Knuckleheads with your thinking patterns seem to forget that
extreme "leftists" are just as bad as the extreme right.  And said
knuckleheads only contribute to the problem.  No offense mind you.

KevMc:

>This is not true. I moderate a classic rock club at a high school in new

>orleans- and you would be shocked how many kids are classic rock fans

And your forum has been more successful than mine was.  Great.  Now, if you
could only reach the other 800,000,000,000,000,000,000 teenagers, we might
be on to something...

Jon:

>Jim,

>Do you think that Ward wasn't wise to Eddy ? Do you know my kids?

>I do. They are neither scum nor swine. They are not little fuckers, either.

>They are precious little humans made in God's image.

>I am very real. I am also kind.

>Jon in MI.

A touchy subject, I know I know.  And you know your kids?  I sure hope so.
You're supposed to.  It's not something you should get credit for or
something you should be proud of - IT'S YOUR JOB!  But let's not get too
hasty and defensive about your kids.  I meant no harm to your kids,
Earthling.  Deep breaths... good, good.  Now.  If I was targeting your kids,
I would have used Wally or the Beav as an example, not Eddie.  Eddie was
their friend, and if you don't think that your kids friends will blow smoke
up your respective sphinctor, then you are fooling yourself.  But that's
neither here nor there.

God also created maggots, leaches, Jeffrey Dahmer, bubonic plague, tornados,
Amelda Marcos, jock itch, VD, acid indigestion, rats, diareeeeeahhh, cancer,
earthquakes, Adolf Hitler, ingrown toenails, Jon Astley and a whole host of
other outrages we must face in our lives, including Keanu Reeves films.  He
also made those "precious" little monsters in his image.  Just because He
made them doesn't mean I have to love them.  Just like anything else, I try
to call it as I see it.  Your kids may be an exception, like many others,
but as a whole...  ah forget it.

I am very real as well (I even try to speak that way), and I am kind (I bet
I've helped more old ladies across the street than you have!).  But I don't
smile and shrug it off when a teenage shits on the table and into the soup.
Whether God made him or not, I'm gonna nail his ass for it.

>I agree with Jim here (and I'm generally a serious leftie).

See Jon, you should try and emulate Keets here some.  She calls herself a
"serious leftie" and God bless her for not having a closed mind.  It's okay
though, you're not alone.  You're definitely not alone...the world is full
of closed minded people.

>The situation that Jim described is a very real problem.

No argument from me on that one.  See, at least we can agree on some things!

>I'm bringing western civilization to a

>grinding halt with my leftie politcal and social views, protecting my child

>from harm,

Let's examine what you said here about "protecting my child".  You obviously
misinterpet what I meant in regard to over-protective parents.  When my wife
pumps out our first monster, I'm sure I will be just as biased towards the
little beast as the next parent.  Hell, I love kids.  However, I have no
intentions of letting my child become too sheltered.  It's a fine line.  To
"protect" you kid from the horrors of the world is commendable.  To deny
that the horrors exist makes YOU reprehensible for not preparing them.  That
TIME article I read had a segment dedicated to a 20 year old girl who just
lost both parents in a fatal car crash.  She was totally on her own.  And
because her parents sheltered her, took all responsibility for her, never
let her experience life so she could grow and learn, she was lost too.  She
couldn't do her own laundry or feed herself let alone survive out in the
world.  Does she know what neighborhoods might not be safe after dark?  Does
she know how to use common sense in buying a car?  Does she know to clean
the lint screen on the dryer?  Nope.  Now, without her parents sheltering
her, she is suicidal and an all in all mess.  That is what over
protectivness will do to kids.

And is it protection that motivates today's parents who let their sons leave
the house looking like gangbangers and their daughters leave the house
looking like $2.00 whores?  GOODBYE TO YOUR THUGS AND YOUR TRAMPS, I say.
You want to protect your daughter but you buy her new tits for her junior
high graduation???  You want your son to be a responsible adult someday but
you allow him to dress, talk and act like Ice Cube???  Have you ever sat in
a McDonalds when it's loaded with teenagers?  The little girls have bigger
chests, show more skin, and wear floozie makeup.  The boys have probably had
more sex by age 15 than all of us combined.  What's wrong with this picture,
and we ALL know of someone this applies to.

>It is not the kid's fault that they

>were born into this age. Everything is so fast now.

That truly is a good point.  However, it raised the question:  Does the baby
born blind, KNOW that he/she is blind?  Do kids today even KNOW it's so
fast?  Or is it just what they were born into and they don't know anything
different?  Nope, I don't believe that it's today's fast paced society
that's the problem - these kids THRIVE on the fast pace.

>They are used to

>instant gratification without knowing the value of paying a price.

How true.  Couldn't have said it any better.

<Maybe then they will all grow up and buy Who albums ;).

If it only were true... but alas, even The Who can't save them.  They are
doomed, and when we're old and out of the driver's seat, they will come to
power.  Then we are ALL doomed...

Nostrodomus in Colo Springs

"You don't go shooting up a high school because some shithead with a guitar
told you to..."  Pete Townshend