Re: Who reference in "Sum of All Fears"

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:35:06 -0500
From: Sroundtable@aol.com

The movie Sum of All fears, the latest Tom Clancy novel-based movie starring Ben Affleck and Morgan Freeman, had an unabashed Who reference. The Nazi villain, while addressing a group of his supporters, states: "A great poet once wrote, 'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.'" I thought it was awesome. When I saw it last night I freaked.
Thanks for the report, but I'm with Leandro on this. A Nazi? Or, more to the point, ANYBODY "during" WW II quoting Pete? Admittedly, it's nice to hear Who references, but I'm surprised this blatant anachronism stayed in the script.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true."