Re: DVD Commentary

> It would be great to get a commentary from them.  I just wonder
> if there will really be any new information.  Maybe, maybe not.

I think we'd get some new info if Pete & Rog did the DVD comment-
ary.  But that's only part of it.

Something happens on those DVD commentaries.  It's like being al-
lowed to listen in while your favorite musicians look through an
old photo album.  It really is fascinating.  And it's not just re-
iterated facts & shop-worn stories.  There's something more.

Now, I can see Daltrey agreeing to do TKAA DVD commentary at the
drop of a dime.  It's Pete I'm worried about.  But you know - John
Densmore (drummer for The Doors) can sometimes be a real prick
(much like a certain guitarist for The Who) & yet it seemed like he
honestly enjoyed doing the commentary with his ex-band members.  He
was cracking jokes, ribbing his mates, asking them questions, etc.

I'm telling ya' - these people who are putting TKAA DVD together
have to get a hold of Pete on a day when he's in a good mood & sit
him & Daltrey down to do the commentary.

I really can't see a downside to that.  Sure, there might be a story
or two that we've heard before but to actually be allowed to listen
to both Pete & Rog as they react to the images & sounds....., God,
that would be great.

And no one would expect them to relate explicit details about each
& every performance on TKAA.  It's stream of consciousness.  Pete's
not gonna say, "Here we are doing 'I Can't Explain' on the Shindig
show. I don't remember anything about that day."

He could talk about anything!  Their clothes, Moon's drumming, The Ox,
music television in the 60's,.....  It doesn't matter.  What matters
is hearing their reactions & whatever thoughts are sprung from their
minds while the images & sounds occur.  That's the magic.  It's all
spur of the moment.  I *know* they wouldn't just reiterate old stories,
either.

I also know that the odds are kind of slim that Pete & Rog will pro-
vide the commentary on TKAA DVD.  Rog maybe.  But Pete.....  I hope
I'm wrong.  I hope they do it.  For us fans, & for historical purposes
as well.  It's the right thing to do.

- SCHRADE in Akron