Mansfield II Banter before TKAA... Priceless!

Well I missed my self-imposed deadline, but here it is from Mansfield II September 27, 2002

YBYB.....
Roger: "You better..."
Pete: [Dampend strumm, some picking, etc.] "When Umm...when we...came out"

Magik: [Can't hear him but I've been told he said] "Hey play some Stones songs"

Pete: "We're not doin requests so shut your fucking mouth... Umm... It's another friend of mine.
I only swear at people I love... So fuck off all of you.... When we uuh... when we
came out on the tour. The uh.. uh.. "

Magik or somebody: .....?????

Pete: " Awe for fucks sake keep quite I'm trying to concentrate
ya know..
He's got his ear plugs in...he can't even fucking hear my reply.

When ... we've got these ultrviolete lights, you know people have those little yellow things that people
put in their ears, well we see them all over the place..

People try to preserve their hearing. It's TOO LATE!! It's always too late.
You know those little ear phones you put in......

This is a song that I wrote when I was 19 and .. umm.

It's kind of changed a bit as we've dragged along through the tour...and umm...

Before, before..."

Magik or somebody: ....?????

Pete: "Why do you have to speak? Why can't you just keep your fucking mouth shut?

The uh... John Entwistle wrote some writing which will be of tremendous interest to you
in your study hours... in the break Um.. and umm ...some really lovely autobiographical
writing about Woodstock and about the early days... He only did a couple of chapters...
but we're hoping we might get to put it one day... and umm this song which is...
it's called The Kids are Alright...has become kind of a story about where we came from
where we grew up and all that kind of stuff and I don't want to sound like Bruce Springsteen.

It's not what we do.. but this song... Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I love him... I love him. And umm...."

Magik: "Get on with it!"

Pete: "If you say get on with it I'll go off"

Roger: "Why don't YOU get on with it and FUCKI(NG SHUT UP for ONE MINUTE?"

Pete: "What I want is a flame thrower....[ Sound of flame thower ].

IWA JIMA .... GENERAL MacARTHUR...r.

Any way this is it. It goes back a long way and it's changed...."

TKAA....

Enjoy. I did...

Joe in Philly