Re: Who Influenced who(m)

> Again, I don't hear it. He doesn't move *me.*

Scott:

It makes me get out of the chair as surely as Pete's best guitarwork does.

> Uh...you forgot "Peggy Sue," "Well, All Right" (covered by Blind
Faith), "Maybe Baby," "Oh, Boy!," "Everyday," "It's So Easy,"
"Rave On,".....

No, I didn't. While PS might be considered by some a classic R&R song, I wouldn't. The others were only minor hits...the Everlys have plenty of those I could list, too. For that matter, Let It Be Me, Bird Dog and When Will I Be Loved were pretty big hits by EB too.

> Do we dare go through the crass lyrics on *that* song? And can you
even *imagine* Pete Townshend writing such drivel?

I object to the use of "dirvel." I happen to be a big Blues fan, and those lyrics are taken from or based strongly on various Blues songs. I'm not willing to dismiss the entire genre of music simply because most of the songs are about women and contain sexual inuendoes. "Rock me baby/Till my back ain't got no bone..." And Yes, I can imagine Pete writing that type a song...Pictures Of Lily. I Can't Explain. Athena, and so on. "You say she's a virgin/Well I'm gonna be the first in..." And I must admit I think "Watch your honey drip/Can't keep away..." might be better lyrics than "I'm not into your passport picture/I just like your nose..."

> Maybe I *am* being nit-picky. I don't care. That's the way I am.

You can be who you are.

> Mark, when are you gonna revive that "pick-a-Who-song-and-discuss-it"
game we used to play a while back? That was fun & it seemed to gen-
erate some discussion.

(sigh) I've just started a novel, and the odds are that means being absent more than usual. At least until I get to a place where I'm stuck, if I do (and I hope I don't). I'll see what I can do.

Bring sanity back to Washington -
                       vote Kerry/Edwards in 2004

                                             Cheers             ML