Re: Who influenced who(m)

> Too bad the only band from Sweden I know of is Abba, who AFAIK
> was NOT influenced by The Who...

The ABBA dudes, Benny & Bjorn, *may* have been somewhat influenced
by Pete's songwriting but they were doing their thing in the 60's
already & enjoying some success.  Same with the ABBA girls.

> Paul Weller springs to mind. That was too easy.

Again, I don't hear it.  He doesn't move *me.*

> > No way, man.  The Crickets rock out on quite a few songs.
>
> They're OK. Two "classic" R&R songs, That'll Be The Day and Not
> Fade Away

Uh...you forgot "Peggy Sue," "Well, All Right" (covered by Blind
Faith), "Maybe Baby," "Oh, Boy!," "Everyday," "It's So Easy,"
"Rave On,".....

> You're right.  My mistake.  "Black Dog?"  ;-)

> Based on Blues songs, although I don't know of any specific.  I
> guess you could say they wrote that one.

Do we dare go through the crass lyrics on *that* song?  And can you
even *imagine* Pete Townshend writing such drivel?

> As Yoda would say: "Influenced by The Who, you are."

*My* personal Who influence was never in question.  It's these sup-
posed Who-worshipping bands out there I'm wondering about.  And I
refuse to buy some band's albums just because they draped Union Jacks
over their amps & spoke of Pete Townshend in interviews.  Sod that.

Maybe I *am* being nit-picky.  I don't care.  That's the way I am.

Mark, when are you gonna revive that "pick-a-Who-song-and-discuss-it"
game we used to play a while back?  That was fun & it seemed to gen-
erate some discussion.

- SCHRADE in Akron