Re: Who influenced who(m)

At 7:53 -0800 12/7/02, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:34:18 -0800 (PST)
From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
Mark,

Can you set your e-mail to quote what you're responding to? I don't know how it shows on real-time but on the digest your post looked like this:

Scott:

I'll give Devo maximum credit. IMHO, they were the ONLY band worthy of being tagged Progressive Rock, because as I see it adding an older form of music (like Jazz or Classical) is regressive, not progressive.

What's wrong with the New Romantics? Did they frighten you?

They're like that bad haircut you had when you were younger, you know...you try to forget, even though it seemed cool at the time.

It's *Spandau* Ballet.

Spandex is more accurate.

Semantics. I don't consider Trance Techno.

Uh, actually NOT semantics but definition! And Trance is considered Techno, so tough nuggies for you!

Yes, in this case, I do.

Sad, sad...
[etc.]

At times it's difficult to keep track of ObWho said ObWhat ObWhen.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true"