New Pete Diary entry - "Never have heard Roger stutter"

Pete's new diary entry.......

"6 December 2002
The UK magazine Uncut carries an interview with Roger on the release of the
Ultimate Collection. One point he mentions isn't quite right. He says - and
I've heard him say this before - that Kit Lambert came up with the idea for
the stutter on My Generation after hearing Roger stuttering in real life.
Roger says that he used to have a stutter. Can't recall ever having heard
him stutter. Anyway, my version of the truth is - as many of you demo
collectors will know - that I introduced the idea of the stutter on the
second of three demos of My Generation, and that it was inspired by John Lee
Hooker's 'Stuttering Blues'.
It was quite an unconscious reference to the stuttering that was caused when
people took too many pep-pills.
P.S. Happy birthday to my lovely brother Paul, who never stuttered, but did
sleep-walk until he was 8 years old."

Kevin in VT