Pete and New Wave

	>From: "Mark R. Leaman"
	>Subject: Re: Who influenced New Wave blah blah blah
>>I seem to have a problem with covers.  Seems almost sacrilegious.
>
>Kevin:
>Even if it's The Who doing Please Please Please?

Well, actually, yeah.  Just not into covers.  They're like forgeries of art.

>Bowie was influenced by Pete, true,

Eh?

> true,

What?

> true,

One more time?
Ok, I'll stop.
I love this Shrade-original technique.  :-)

>but

Damn!  You got big But's and I can not lie!!!

>MUSICALLY there's no New Wave in Who music!

Well, Schrade beat me to the punch by mentioning digital work.  That's one
major influence on New Wave.  I know I've run into songs from that era that
had me doing a double take and think of bands like Modern English or Gen.
Public.  Can't think of any at the moment though.

>Uh, that would be Pete being NW...not NW being Pete.

Well, I see your point.
Here, allow me.......
I see your point.
I see your point.

What is interesting here is that Pete clearly jumps on the NW bandwagon, yet
the rest of the band and it's music doesn't.  Strange.  Is Pete going split
personality on us here?  Ahhhh, heroine.
I also find it interesting how genuine English Punk bagged the idea of
singing in American dialect and allowed for English accents.  It's always
puzzled me how a band like The Who, a *VERY* English band would sing songs
in American accents.
Still do it today!

Kevin in VT