Keith and Zeppelin

 <A HREF="http://www.led-zeppelin.com/spotlight/keithmoon77.html";>Led Zeppelin - SPOTLIGHT: Keith Moon with Led Zep 1977
(www.led-zeppelin.com)</A> For those who have not seen this here it is.  Crappy
sound, but interesting.

Being a fan of both bands with Led Zeppelin taking a distant second, I would
say that they are just two different bands.  I agree with Mark about Page's
interest in the Who as I believe that his band was formed with their *power*
in mind. Heck he even tried to get John and Keith and 'one' of them named the
band for him.  There is no comparison in the song writing.  Pete is the man.
You can't copy that.

Led Zeppelin has a solid bottom with heavy riffs that sound great for about a
week and then back into the case.  I never tire of The Who.

I am glad that there are both bands because I like them both. Even though
John Bonham was no Keith Moon, he was still a great drummer.  I don't like to
put The Who up by putting other bands down.  The Who are just the best.

One of my favorite Zep songs is "Since I've been loving You," -Pick up a
guitar and just play along note for note with Jimmy on that one.  There a
very *heavy* hits  in this song (especially live) that I know came from The
Who.  The soloing that follows did not. They were innovators in their own
right and to say that they were just plodders smacks of jealousy. The drums
on Good times Bad times with just one bass pedal? Incredible.

I will say that playing drums along with both bands is like night and day.  I
know what  JB is going to do and can do it. Hitting the high-hat the whole
song during Rock and Roll (great song)- is rather tiring. I still do not have
Keith down yet in my motor skills (but I almost do) although it is all in my
head. You have to work so hard!!  I take my hat off to Zak Starkey. These
things are easy to discuss and criticize.  Try and invent them.

Keep going Mark and Scott, I am laughing my ass off.  You guys are both very
intelligent and entertaining.  And on topic!!!

What do you think about Prince's "Lovesexy" album? I think I hear some Who in
that.

Jon in Mi.