New Wave influence and Hershey

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Who influenced Bowie influenced 80's
>
>Kevin:

Yes?

>Uh...ANCIENT??????????? Be-otch....

Ha!  I knew that would get a rise out of ya!  Hey, and who you callin' a Be-otch??

>and DEFINITELY acid-friendly music,

<snicker>  I can relate.

>Most people are at LEAST familiar with Nirvana's excellent version of Man Who Sold The World.
>There's some damned good music on that Bowie album.

Excellent?
Funny, while I enjoyed the fact that the song was dug up by Kurt, I kind of was pissed he did it.
I seem to have a problem with covers.  Seems almost sacrilegious.  I used to have Stevie RV because he dared do Hendrix covers.

>You know, I'm surprised to see that. The way I see it, the 80's music was essentially based on >two artists. The New Wave music was primarily based on Bowie.

On Bowie?
I think Pete was ahead of Bowie on that.
Pete was the new wave man!  All the new wavers were worshiping him at the time.  Check out the '81 show from Essen.  Even the way Pete dances is all about new wave.
Pete leads the way again.

>The 90's belonged to The Who. Pearl Jam, STP, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden.

I'd have to agree with Schrade that there's more of a Black Sabbath thang going.  Very dark stuff.
You're a decade behind here.   :-)

That's not clobbering, is it?  ;-)

I will say that not just Eddie in PJ is a fan of The Who.
PJ's web site used to have photo's from their practice studio (may still have, haven't been there in a while), and the walls were covered with Who stuff.  The Drum kit had Who RAF Targets, etc.
That whole band is definitely a fan of The Who.  Either that, or Eddie has magical powers over his bandmates...or is a ruthless dictator.  ;-)

>Are you trying to start another "Pete is gay" thread?

Just showing how rumors start.  Ha!

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
>Subject: Re: Speedy encore delivery
>
>The next Encore Series show I'll be getting is the Hershey, PA show.
>I was there & it was fantastic.  Best of the four shows I saw.

Hershey sucked.

Bahahahahaha!  Oh!  I kill me!

Kevin in VT