Columbus Show

Hi everyone,
   My husband and I were in Columbus for the show last
Wednesday, and it was more than I expected.  We knew
ahead of time about the strict 11PM curfew at the Polaris,
so, selfishly, I was disappointed when Plant came back
out for an encore.  (I kept thinking, he's cutting into Who time.)
We had 12th row seats in front section C, and were pleased
to meet and sit with Dave, (Psychoderelict from the chat room),
during the performance.  After tonight, he will have attended all
performances from the 2nd and 3rd legs.  Lucky guy!  Anyhow,
all things considered, the show had more energy and power
than I thought possible.  The crowd was so psyched that from
where I sat, I sensed the guys really fed off of it.  Roger was
pumped and perfect - I listened for cracks - didn't hear a one.
Pete drove on and on, harder and harder.  He's the master.
I had no trouble hearing the bass lines from Pino, and it was
neat to see the crowd focus all eyes on him during the solo
in My Generation.  I agree with what Schrade said yesterday
that Zak looked a bit pale, but his speed was still there.  I
wished  the volume would have been cranked up though.  I could go on and
on with more praise, but it would be repetitious.  I was glad to
see Roger's personality and interaction with the crowd as a
highlight.  Back in the 70's, it seemed that Pete was the
chatterbox and Rog was more subdued.  The personal connection
between them is obvious.  Long live friendship.  It was truly a night
to remember.  Oh, at the end, I threw out a kiss and Rog returned
it.  My husband is still laughing about it!  And, now we know who
caught the white towel!   Jenny & John - Cleveland