Re: Nice try, pal

ML  "Well, Jeff, in case you haven't noticed you've been angry since I
didn't come to the show."

Wrong.
I was angry with you BEFORE the show when I extended offers of hospitality,
which was followed by your indecisiveness about going or not, immediately
followed by your pressuring me to give you your ticket money back, followed
by your rationalizing about why it was really a good thing that you missed
the show (which continues to this day), followed by a request that I arrange
to pick up a T-shirt for you.   All the while you moaned about the
unfairness of it all, and about how God and George W Bush were conspiring
against you and all you wanted to do was party with some fans.  All of this
happened before the show.  I assure you, I was not in the least bit hurt
that you didn't grace my home with your presence.

You wore me down to a nub with all of your emotional upheaval and your
needs.  You are a high maintenance dude - very demanding and not very
understanding of the difficulty that one faces when they try to fulfill your
demands.  That's my experience, anyway.

If I ever said I was sorry you didn't make it, it was a white lie designed
to spare you the truth of my anger and hopefully keep some peace.

Thank you for explaining my emotions to your audience, Doctor.  You
understand me best.  You must also be completely in touch with your own
emotions.  Please explain to your audience why it is that we are having a
personal argument on a semi-public forum.

Where's Jim Sigel?  I really feel close to him tonight ;-)

Jeff