Re: Columbus Thoughts

"Schrade, Scott" wrote:

> Pete wasn't giving up much eye contact.  He seemed a tad re-
> served.  However, after Daltrey swung his mic into his mon-
> itor, creating a nice "clunk" sound, Pete looked at me & I
> gave the thumbs up & yelled, "That wasn't *too* bad!" - to
> which he shook his head & rolled his eyes.  That was my little
> Pete moment.

Pete moments are always good!

> Before the show, I was all ready to give Pete the majority
> of my attention but I have to admit - Daltrey stole it.  It
> was difficult not to watch him.  His stomps, his smiles, his
> clenched teeth, his hypnotic power stares, his raised fist,
> his sweat, his spit, his twirls.....  All things I've seen
> countless times, yet, here he was, eight feet away!  Boy, did
> I feel thankful & lucky.

They fight for the attention. What a hoot!

> Daltrey threw a pick at me - but I dropped it.  Aaaarrrgh!
> "There went my chance," I thought.  Missed a tambourine in '89
> & now this!  Fuck.

D'oh!

> However, the Who gods (Moon & OX?) were smiling on me because
> when Daltrey came out before the encore, he was wiping his face
> with two towels.  And guess who ended up going home with one?
> Yep, it was me.  He threw one right to me.  A simple white towel
> with a bit of his sweat on it - yet I clutched on to that thing
> like Linus clutching his security blanket.  That's all I needed.
> The connection was complete.  I was whole.

What, no harmonica? LOL! Seems silly afterwards, but at the time, quite
a trophy!

> I also got some smashed tambourine debris, too!  What an ex-
> perience!  Obviously, if that is the last time I attend a Who
> concert, I can die peacefully.

Maybe we can fit your pieces into the tamourine I have and we'll make a
new one!

> Call them what you will - I still call 'em The Who.  There's no
> lack of Who energy in Daltrey.  He's still the heart of the band.

He's the number 1 Who fan, imho. A passionate chap.

>  They, those two, are The Who of today.  The fire still burns.  Take
> it or leave it, my
> son.  Take it or leave it.
>
> Me?  I'll take it.  Gladly.

Me too. Long Live Rock and glad you had such a great time.

magik

ps- seat location, it seems, does matter. ;-)