Re: commenting on the "revue"

Jeff "too much Carbona" House re:

>Firstly, there is a difference between a "revue" and a "review".
>One is a little more French than the other. How could anyone ever
>accuse The Who of being even slightly French. I just boggles the
>mind, doesn't it?

In this context, the traditional spelling is "revue". Would you
care to guess where the word "review" and a sizeable percentage
of the English language comes from?

"Accuse"? Is it a crime to be French?

Frown upon the people as you may, that is a pretty ignorant
thing to say in an international forum like this. No small
wonder that being confused and having your mind boggled is
a regular occurrence for you.

Topped only by Germany, France is The Who's most often played
country outside the U.K. and North America. There were 2 gigs
in Paris just 5 years ago and for a nation roughly the size of
Texas, the '74 mini-tour was kicked off there with SEVEN shows.
The first 2 Who films premiered at Cannes in 1979 and a Pete
concert from that very city was televised in '86. The band's
music catalogue was widely released in France and Kit Lambert,
an undeniably important part of the band's existence, spoke
the language fluently.

The amusement you get regarding the behaviour of another
list member is bewildering considering your common sense
couldn't fill a coffee cup.

"I even shun the south of France",
Stoo

P.S. Doesn't Pete sail there?