Grand Rapids Michigan

Hello all,

I just got home from the best Who show that I have ever seen to date.. I read
all of the posts in my mailbox about 50%, and should they tour again, and
will it sell and etc.

I was just in the room with those giants and I have to laugh at these silly
questions!  They brought down the house AGAIN.   They were HUGE. This one was
really special .

There were two things that stood out very prominently:

1).  The jams were incredible.  Pete is playing a funky sounding riff right
off of  a James Brown album in 5:15 and MG.  In the MG jam, he did the 2000
intro, the funky riff and then climaxed into the Punk riff and right then his
strings broke and he had to switch guitars before the momentum was lost.  Too
late. He seemed *really* pissed off that this happened and when WGFA started,
he didn't even play the first two chords.  Then he started banging chords
violently that were not even in the song.  No smiles at all.  Brilliant.

2).  Zak Starkey TOOK OVER.  What a brilliant drummer. This is the best I
have ever heard WGFA drummed.  Even better than Keith. No doubt about it.  At
the end, Pete would not end the song and kept going as though he was super
pissed.  He did a fantastic  riff that goes three short one long- three short
one long... and Zak jumped on it with a machine gun double triplet that was
so powerful that Pete got off on that and they just rocked.  They have a real
communication and Zak is not in the background anymore.  At this point I
remembered the discussions on the list about should they continue or not.  If
you were there tonight, you would have to be a rock head to think it
shouldn't continue. They were in creation mode big time.

It is really late, so I will stop here.  I can't find the words that properly
describe what I just saw.

Jon in Mi.