Re: Two Death Rule

Jeff writes:

> If the rule is '2 deaths and the band is
>  through', would you have a different number for The Grateful Dead than you
>  would for The Beatles?  Is it a number of dead you are looking for or
>  percentage dead? Surely the death of two Beatles has gotta be worth more
>  than two dead Dead, right?

Perfect opportunity for me to interject this article from People 8/5/02:

The Beat Goes On and On and On...

Rock and roll will never die...as long as replacement parts are readily
available.  Exhibit A: Paul Revere & the Raiders, still going strong on the
summer tour circuit with only one original member, Mr. Revere himself (there
have been 40 Raiders in four decades).  Other oldies but goodies still on the
road, with approximate percentage of original members, include:

The Beach Boys, 20%
The Animals, 20%
The Temptations, 20%
The Who, 50%