Re: uninformed reviewers

AEB, re

> > Part of me wants to say, knowing that this is an elitist
> > perspective, that if you never saw TheWho-> while Moonie was alive,
> > you've never seen, and will never see TheWho->.

I know what you mean. I'm such a boring old aging hippie fart that I was
around to see the Who between 1968 - 1971 here in limeland. I think that
I saw some shows by the Who in that period of time which I will truly
never see the like of again.

However, Watford 2002 and Manchester 2000 were without doubt the best
performances by what is the post Moon Who I have been lucky enough to
have seen, and which - in their own way - (and IMO would have been
better without Rabbit's noodling) were easily as good as some of the
Moon shows I saw.

I'm ambivalent about the current incarnation. I respect Pino Palladino's
style and performance abilities (I've seen him with Paul Young and
listened to him on record) but I do feel that without John the sound of
the Who is so irrevocably altered it no longer is the Who.

However, just ask me my opinion if I am lucky enough to get to any UK
shows they play in this incarnation!

Cheers,

John